On Tue, 22 Jan 2019 18:49:45 +0300
Ivan Ivanov <qmaster...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Sean, libreboot is always behind coreboot regarding the commits, so
> RAM compatibility could vary because of some breaking commit that
> happened after the latest libreboot release but before the latest
> coreboot. So of course it would break at the next libreboot release as
> well. You could prevent this by searching for this commit using
> dichotomy method (e.g. just 10 tries to find at the range of 2^10 =
> 1024 commits) and tell us if you'd find it

Hi all,

I ran into the same issue, and I'd like to find the coreboot commit
which introduces these problems.

My RAM is: Hynix HMT31GR7CFR4A-PB (8 GB 2Rx4 PC3L-12800R). I just now
realized that it's low power DIMMs, but it boots fine with libreboot,
so that shouldn't be a problem.
A have two DIMMs installed in the slots A2 and B2 (according to the
manual), with one Opteron 4332HE installed.

I managed to build an older coreboot revision around the time of the
last libreboot release (which boots fine for me), but unfortunately it
doesn't output anything on VGA / serial.

I might make a few more tries tonight, or in some weeks when I have
access to the machine again.

For the record I attached the serial log when booting with current
master; apparently there's a failure during DIMM training...

Regards,

Merlin

Merlin Büge