I build CB from the master branch a few times a month for an ASUS KCMA-
D8 motherboard. On some CB builds, CB will boot fine and consistently
(press the power button, wait a little bit, SeaBIOS starts).

On other CB builds, sometimes it may boot fine (power button, wait,
SeaBIOS), but other times it won't boot fine (press power button, wait
a bit, nothing happens/no SeaBIOS). When it doesn't boot, I have to
reset the machine a random amount of times in order to get it to
finally boot (sometimes 2-3 times, but as of lately it's been up to 5+
times).

I didn't keep track of successful build dates/commits, but I believe I
compiled from master earlier this month (April 2019) and had consistent
booting. I'm currently using the 4.9 release tag and it boots
consistently.

I looked at the merged commits from this month and didn't really see
anything obvious that may be causing this. I'm unsure how to debug CB
or get any kind of logs from it, and don't have any serial or USB
debugging hardware.

I'd like to be able to compile from master and boot consistently, and
would like to figure out what the problem is.

I have the settings I set for CB for this motherboard noted here:
https://wiki.realmofespionage.xyz/devices:asus_kcma-d8#coreboot