Martin Roth wrote:
> Thanks Peter,
>
> Is there a time limit that you think is appropriate to request
> maintenance for?

Ideally no mainboard directory has any copy-pasted code, and every
contributor who adds a board has already been or follows up by
eliminating some hack outside their immediate concern.

I think it makes sense to consider formally limiting responsibility
only once we've come at least that far.

> What level of maintenance would be expected?   Would we just require
> bugfixes, or would adding new features to the chip be expected?  Or
> even just reviews of code affecting their chip?

I don't think social expectations can be quantified perfectly. Any
number will not fit all cases. So I advocate for companies simply
finding their own balance within the community through soft behavior
and "rules". I guess that will unfortunately seem impossibly radical
to most stakeholders around coreboot. :\

//Peter