Hi,

Am 17.05.19 um 10:45 schrieb Kinky Nekoboi:
> can somebody explain to me howto how the scripts in
> 3rdparty/blobs/cpu/intel/microcode/ alter the microcode.

the current scripts assume that the updates are shipped in some
ASCII hex form. This changed long ago. Have a look at this patch
that updates the script and was used for the last round of updates:

https://review.coreboot.org/c/blobs/+/30065

Beside updating the URL, you'll probably have to adapt some path
to the directory structure in the tarball.

> Iwant to make the Microcode update provided by debian:
> http://deb.debian.org/debian/pool/non-free/i/intel-microcode/intel-microcode_3.20190514.1.tar.xz

As Matt pointed out, you can get it more directly from Intel:

https://github.com/intel/Intel-Linux-Processor-Microcode-Data-Files/archive/microcode-20190514.tar.gz

> I would like to alter the scripts an make a commit to master.

Thanks for looking into this.

Nico