I planned to test coreboot on this board as well, and I'm having the same
problem (compiled from latest source).

The sticks I currently have are 16GB VLP ones. I've some M392B2G70DM0-YK0, and
a few HMT42GR7AFR4A-PB. None worked with this board using coreboot, giving out
similar "DIMM training failed" message on the serial console output.

All those RAM sticks work on stock BIOS. Just that the board would run them at
1066MHz if all 8 slots are populated (M392B2G70DM0-YK0 for example). Not sure
if this is due to incompatibility or is a chipset limitation (manually setting
it to 1600MHz in stock BIOS has no effect if using 8 sticks). If only using 4
sticks (which makes 64GB) with stock BIOS, the memory can correctly operate at
1600MHz. Still, none of the combinations (2, 4, 8 sticks) worked with coreboot.

Is there a way to manually force memory clock and timing configuration (such as
1066MHz) for some in-depth testing? On the other hand, I might need to test
libreboot to see if it makes a difference, and check for nearby coreboot
commits to look for a starting point for bisection.