Jeez, I wish.

Nah, all I did was use Intel FIT (available online) to configure an image to
match the vendor's configuration (importing a full SPI dump to FIT will cause
it to parse the image. You can then give it a different stock image (say, a
different version. My laptop's OEM has never released a BIOS update with a
newer ME version, leaving me vulnerable to everything) and it will place the
configuration inside that stock image). I used ifdtool on the repacked SPI dump
to grab the ME section and gave that to coreboot.

I assumed that this might fix something because ME is apparently involved in
all kinds of platform bring-up (which I think doesn't belong there. It feels
like it would better belong in the FSP), from ICC to SMBus and maybe I2C. I
hoped something might fix my display without any more work.

Tl;dr MEAnalyzer would now say that my image is "Configured," rather than
"Uninitialized." I should assume that if the MFS partitions were extracted, it
would largely match that of the vendor's BIOS.