one thought just occured to me that might be useful.

We have a utility, called utk, that lets you script edits to UEFI
firmware volumes. I use it all the time to slice and dice and strip
these firmware volumes down. There are hundreds (500+) DXE in these
UEFI volumes that are not needed. I've removed in one case 214 out of
424.

what you might do: use utk to remove lots of the DXEs until you get to
the bare minimum. Then, try to work from there to find out which DXE
is setting the parameters in sata. Then, from there, you might RE what
it does so you can figure out what coreboot needs to do.

The goal is not to shrink UEFI down, but to isolate the thing in UEFI
that adjusts tuning registers and figure out what it does, and get
that into coreboot.