Thanks Matt. You're the man. COreboot 4.11 is out just a few days and we
can already enjoy on our freed chromebooks. Awesome.

On Mon, Nov 25, 2019 at 6:18 PM Matt DeVillier <matt.devill...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hot off the heels of the previous hotfix is a fresh release based on
> the newly-tagged coreboot 4.11. In addition to being rebased on the
> latest version of coreboot, this release features a host of
> improvements and fixes:
>
> * fixed issue with NVRAM being corrupted by Windows
> * new/improved UEFI Boot Options/Settings screens
>    * improved header layout
>    * simplified menu options
>    * more descriptive naming for SATA, NVMe, and USB drives in boot menu
>    * easier to make changes to and save bootorder entries
> * open-source coreboot native graphics init (libgfxinit) now used for
> Haswell, Broadwell, and Skylake devices instead of closed-source GOP
> driver
> * better scaling of boot splash/menus for HiDPI displays
>

> This MrChromebox release offers coreboot/Tianocore images for close to
> 70 Chromebooks/Chromeboxes as well as all Purism Librem laptops, all
> easily flashed using my ChromeOS Firmware Utility Script [1]; a full
> list of supported devices can be found on my site [2].
>
> All other devices supported by the coreboot 4.11 release can easily
> take advantage of the improvements in my tree by cloning my coreboot
> repo and building as usual.
>
> All changes on the Tianocore side have already been merged and are
> available to anyone using the default coreboot repo.
>
> As usual, the full list of changes can be found on my github repos:
> https://github.com/MrChromebox/coreboot/commits/2019.11.28
> https://github.com/MrChromebox/edk2/commits/2019.11.28
> https://github.com/MrChromebox/chrome-ec/branches/all
>
> cheers,
> Matt
>
> [1] https://mrchromebox.tech/#fwscript
> [2] https://mrchromebox.tech/#devices

LAN Engineer * NOC and IT Infrastructure Maintenance
BCS Technology Department * Network Group
ComicSans Awareness Campaign <http://comicsanscriminal.com>