Hello Jorge,

On 02.12.19 18:02, Jose Trujillo via coreboot wrote:
> Hello All!
> This is my first try in booting coreboot on a LVDS panel.
> This is a Sandybridge-M system using video option ROM and VBT extracted from
> the original FW.

if you ever want to get open-source gfx init running instead, let me
know. It would only need a few more lines to force a specific mode with
libgfxinit, maybe that is enough. And as you run the VBIOS ROM within
coreboot, you are probably not interested in a resident VBIOS, are you?

> VBE: Getting information about VESA mode 4116

What mode is this 4116? Are you sure, you need this specific mode? Are
you sure, your panel supports it? Sometimes, you need to specify a VBIOS
(maybe even VBT) specific code to use the panel's native resolution.

> VBE: Function call failed!
>
> Error: In vbe_get_mode_info function

I don't think coreboot should halt here. Problems with the graphics are
non-fatal.

Nico