Hello,

Hello Max,

I discovered the issue with Memtest86+ stuck on my Thinkpad x230 on the very first tests. Always on the same point, 52%. Every release since 4.8 works this way, coreboot 4.7 works fine. Is this a known bug?

Please try to apply the patch I did some time ago [1]. It is exactly the same issue I was having, except it hang at a different point IIRC.

The cause of this is that when Memtest86+ is run as a payload, it expects that the memory map provided in coreboot tables is correct. It isn't, as SeaBIOS modified it and didn't update the coreboot tables. However, it keeps track of used memory in E820 properly, so other Memtest86+ binaries (e.g. emulated floppy or file on a disk) work.

[1] https://mail.coreboot.org/hyperkitty/list/seab...@seabios.org/thread/Y4BLTEDDMKIF33H55O2GL73A7GLIEBVE/

Krystian Hebel
Firmware Engineer
https://3mdeb.com | @3mdeb_com