Hi Andy, Naresh,

On Wed, Nov 11, 2020 at 5:10 PM Andy Pont <andy.p...@sdcsystems.com> wrote:

> Naresh wrote…
>
> Looking at kconfig, the mainboard should select  MAINBOARD_HAS_LIBGFXINIT.
> For example see "grep -rsn MAINBOARD_HAS_LIBGFXINIT src/"
>
> I haven't  used this, so not sure what else might be needed.
>
> In order to get the build to progress I have needed to select
> MAINBOARD_HAS_LIBGFXINIT and MAINBOARD_USE_LIBGFXINIT.  The build now fails
> during compilation with:

This means you're going to use libgfxinit instead of a video BIOS.
libgfxinit is a graphics modesetting library written in SPARK, a
subset of Ada with formal verification properties. You can read more
about it here: https://doc.coreboot.org/gfx/libgfxinit.html

I've made it work on Whiskey Lake (the immediate predecessor of Comet
Lake), but I needed to implement a few workarounds to prevent system
lock-ups. My board is a Librem Mini, which does not have an integrated
LCD (unlike laptops), so I don't know if the backlight part needs
special handling. Here's the relevant changes in Gerrit:
https://review.coreboot.org/q/topic:"librem_whl_lgi";

>     GCC        ramstage/libgfxinit/common/dyncpu/hw-gfx-gma-config.o
> hw-gfx-gma-config.ads:19:32: missing operand
> Makefile:356: recipe for target
> 'build/ramstage/libgfxinit/common/dyncpu/hw-gfx-gma-config.o’ failed
>
> This feels like a rabbit hold down which I don’t want to find myself!

Sounds like the sedprocessor (libgfxinit is configured using some
sed-fu to fill in config parameters as constants) replaces `<<GEN>>`
(the graphics generation, which is an enumerated type) with an empty
string, which is why the compiler complains about a missing operand.