Dear Sumo,

Am 16.08.21 um 18:38 schrieb Sumo:

The NVMe is not detected when serial console logs are disabled, I mean by
setting both Coreboot log_level=Error (or less) and FSP
PcdFspDebugPrintErrorLevel=NoDebug. Looks like the enumeration fails then
further on the device is not listed in the UEFI FW (same issue shown in
either CorebootPayloadPkg or UefiPayloadPkg). When Linux boots the device
appears normally.

The problem is fixed by adding a small delay inside dev_enumerate() - a
20ms delay at the very beginning of the function is enough. I'm wondering
if there is a better solution for this, the device is already defined in
the devicetree.cb (set as on). Maybe coreboot is too fast and the NVMe is
still booting up - or the PCIe link is still training, not sure. Coreboot
doesn't retry if the device is not detected right away?

Please share the logs without and with the delay.

Kind regards,

Paul