Nico wrote...
 How about we set up some guidelines how to proceed when adding support
 for a new platform that requires any blobs? My vague idea is as follows:
 Before the very first commit for such a new platform can be merged, a
 set of predefined, blob related questions (to be discussed) should be
 answered.

Some ideas for questions from the top of my head:
That seems like a long list of questions and so my question in return would be how practical is it?

Taking EC firmware as an example, in many situations the short answer is “it resides in the same binary image as coreboot and is a blob because that is all there is”. Based on your list of questions I’m not convinced that would be sufficient to get it merged.

-Andy.