Hi,

My board Kontron 986lcd-m (i945) sometimes fails in quick_ram_check_or_die()
with

        RAM INIT FAILURE!

The failure occurs in about 33% of reboots. RAM modules are fine (multiple
memtest checks over the years), used RAM modules are rated with a reserve
(DDR2-800 compatible modules and i945 supports up to DDR2-667). If the check
will not fail the system will be long term stable. The checked memory is in the
valid RAM (below top of the ram, below stolen IGD memory, below SMM region). If
I force the checked word to not be the last 32b word (ex. 0x7fbffffc) but to be
aligned to 256 bytes (ex. 0x7fbfff00) the test didn't fail even during multiple
reset spamming.

During the failed test the tested word looks like this (modification for
printing the tested 32bit word):

[DEBUG]  ===FAIL1 5555b2ef      //test for 0x5555555
[DEBUG]  ===FAIL2 aaaab2aa      //test for 0xaaaaaaa
[DEBUG]  ===FAIL3 0000b2ef      //test for 0x0000000
[DEBUG]  ===FAIL4 ffffb2ef      //test for 0xfffffff

At least the top half of the read_phys() value seems to be valid over
subsequent reads (for loop).

RFC:
Could this be some problem with cache initialization, DDR2 controller impedance
settings, or something else?
Does anybody with i945 board or directly with 986lcd-m have the same problem?

Regards,
Petr