Felix Held wrote:
> Having a commit queue or even running a build test for every patch
> before it gets submitted would catch more breakages before the patches
> land in the tree than switching to the new submit strategy,

Hmm, I'm not sure about that? I understand the effective difference
with the new strategy to merely be that a later commit in a pushed
changeset/branch can't be submitted before an earlier one. I think
each commit is still build tested and verified?

And different pushed changesets continue to be build tested
individually and can be submitted individually - right?

Hmm, what happens when commit 1/2 in changeset 1 is submitted and
someone then wants to submit commit 1/2 in changeset 2 before the
other commit in the first changeset? Let's try in August I guess. :)

I'm sure the change could be rolled back quickly in case there's any
kind of annoying disaster problem in the repo.

Kind regards

//Peter