Hi Moorthi,

On 19.08.22 07:32, Moorthi M.s wrote:
> I have also extracted and added the vbt.bin from BIOS to coreboot.

did you get that from the binary or from the running system? It's
possible that your BIOS patches it at runtime, and the one in flash
might be unusable. On Linux, you can find the active VBT in debugfs,
usually `/sys/kernel/debug/dri/0/i915_vbt`.

> For graphics initialisation, i selected "Run a GOP driver" and for

Note, for Coffee Lake there's an open-source alternative[1]. It needs
a little per-board configuration, but then usually works out of the box.
And in case it doesn't work, it comes with extensive logging and debug
capabilities, down to attaching a debugger in Linux user-space.

> And i checked the debug prints, there it is mentioned as "GMA: Found valid
> VBT in CBFS" and in the next line "Graphics hand-off block not found".
>
> From the above prints i assume that the vbt.bin is proper but still the FSP
> is not returning the graphics HOB.

Alas, that is not enough to tell if the VBT is correct. However, if you
extracted it from a running system where the display came up, it should
be. In any case, you can examine the file with `intel_vbt_decode` from
`intel-gpu-tools`. The most important part is that the DP you are trying
to use is enabled.

> Is there any other configurations need to be done with respect to
> integrated graphics?

Are you using vboot by any chance? It's the only other thing in the code
that I see that should make a difference.

You could have another look at the log, there's another printk earlier
  "Found a VBT of %zu bytes after decompression\n"
That would either come directly before the lines you mentioned above
(if the GOP is not executed), or much earlier (if executed).

Nico

[1] https://doc.coreboot.org/gfx/libgfxinit.html