Issue #440 has been updated by Nicholas Chin.

J Nky wrote in #note-12:
> Nicholas Chin wrote in #note-11:
> > Could you run `uname -r` and post the result so that I can see what kernel
> > you are running? Could you also check if the file `/proc/config.gz`
> > (contains the config for the kernel) exists, and if so, could you post it?
> > From what I've found, the iopl and ioperm system calls are controlled by
> > the same kernel config option, so if both don't work that might suggest
> > that this option is disabled in the kernel.
> **On Ubuntu 22.10 Desktop:**
>
> ```
> uname -r
> 5.19.0-21-generic
> ```
>
> `/proc/config.gz` does not exist
>
> Thank you.

Apparently on Ubuntu the config can be found under
`/boot/config-5.19.0-21-generic`. Could you check that? That said, when I check
that file on a live Ubuntu 21.10 ISO with that same kernel,
`CONFIG_X86_IOPL_IOPERM` is enabled...

Bug #440: superiotool tells you to run it as root and stops even when ran as
root
https://ticket.coreboot.org/issues/440#change-1365