Issue #460 has been updated by akjuxr3 akjuxr3.

Felix Singer wrote:
> * asrock/ivybridge
>   * asrock/b75pro3-m
>   * asrock/h77pro4-m
>
> * asrock/haswell
>   * asrock/b85m_pro4
>   * asrock/h81m-hds

I vote against renaming any x7x board to ivybridge. Ivybridge is the CPU you
put into the x7x board. Not the board itself.
If you put a sandybridge CPU into the socket of the h77pro4-m, then its still
ivybridge? No.
If you put a ivybridge CPU into a Thinkpad T420 (coreboot add support for
ivybridge) is it then suddenly ivybridge? More likely, but still not really.

Please dont do such a renaming. Its also unclear what scheme it would follow in
the future. Would then also all H61 boards get suddnely renamed to 'ivybridge'
because they support such CPU's? I hope not.

If creating a group of the 70-series chipset is the goal, please name it x7x.
It would follow the scheme coreboot have for years with the x4x mainboard
series.

Your example would then look like this:

* asrock/x7x
  * asrock/b75pro3-m
  * asrock/h77pro4-m

* asrock/x8x
  * asrock/b85m_pro4
  * asrock/h81m-hds

Refactoring #460: Make mainboards using the variant concept
https://ticket.coreboot.org/issues/460#change-1410