Hi everybody!

as you may know already, flashrom-stable was removed from
review.coreboot.org a while ago. flashrom-stable was a short-
lived semi-fork, based on flashrom v1.2 [1].

The effort to keep developing a stable flash programming tool
for everyone, however, shall continue. I have hence renamed
flashrom-stable to *flashprog*. Now it's definitely a fork.
The main reason for the fork is that I saw the flashrom master
(now main) branch to become unmaintainable. Probably because
we merged too much code together, without actually managing to
work together on a product.

Beside names, I tried to keep everything as usual. There's
a wiki (slowly filled with contents from the old one)

  https://flashprog.org/

an IRC channel

  #flashprog on libera.chat

and a mailing list, of course

  flashp...@flashprog.org

managed at

  https://mail.sourcearcade.org/postorius/lists/flashprog.flashprog.org/

Review continues on a Gerrit instance, albeit on

  https://review.sourcearcade.org/

And you can clone the repository from a GitHub mirror

  https://github.com/SourceArcade/flashprog.git

Now that all this is done, I hope to return to work on the
source code again. There are still many patches open that were
pending for flashrom-stable. And it looks like the next release
candidate is only one commit away :)

So stay tuned!

Nico

[1]