https://ticket.coreboot.org/issues/548#change-1871

* Author: Jeremy Brown
* Target version: none
* Start date: 2024-07-15
I am running coreboot 24.05 on my Lenovo X201.

I decided to upgrade my WiFi card from an Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6205 to an
Intel Wireless-AC 7260; since I selected the option to support Intel PCIe cards
in my build config I expected everything to work but my computer fails to
recognize the new card. The old card is still recognized if I reinstall it so I
know I didn't mess up the socket somehow; I've read reports of the 7260
[working with a modded factory
BIOS](https://richbits.rbarnes.org/installing-the-intel-7260-in-the-thinkpad-x201.html)
 so I don't think there's an electrical issue. I've seen [somewhat related
bugs](https://ticket.coreboot.org/issues/311) but it seems their issue isn't
mine.

I've attached lspci data from both chips and my build config, lmk if additional
information is needed.

6205_lspci_tree.txt (1.63 KB)
7260_lspci_tree.txt (1.57 KB)
6205_lspci.txt (12.8 KB)
7260_lspci.txt (12.2 KB)
coreboot.cfg (20.1 KB)
6205_root_inspection.txt (3.58 KB)
7260_root_inspection.txt (3.58 KB)

--
You have received this notification because you have either subscribed to it,
or are involved in it.