Issue #549 has been updated by Matt DeVillier.

Simon Dominic wrote:
> When using the latest coreboot (i.e. using command `git clone
> https://review.coreboot.org/coreboot`), which is currently 24.05, to build a
> rom for Thinkpad W530, I get BSOD with "ACPI BIOS ERROR" when trying to boot
> into Windows 10 or 11 from SeaBIOS. Even just booting from a Windows install
> usb will show this error.
>
> This is even with incorporating the vga bios files (so i can external
> displays to work) - see my defconfig.
>
> Did consider using EDK2 apparently Windows support is pretty solid, but could
> never make a successful build - not that `make` command had errors, but once
> flashing, would just having white underscore and have to recover with
> external flashing. A separate issue to write about in and of itself, but I
> prefer SeaBIOS so I'll be sticking with that.
>
> I am quite new to coreboot - using for only about 2-3 months now. Let me know
> if there is further information I should provide.

quite simply, coreboot's ACPI for your device booted in legacy BIOS mode isn't
Windows compliant. Boot linux, install acpica-tools, run `sudo acpidump -b`
then `sudo iasl -d *.dat` and zip/attach the resulting .dsl files here.

IMO edk2 is the better choice for running Win10/11, and is known to work well.
A flashing cursor sounds like you changed the display mode to text vs
graphical, or didn't reset your config when changing payloads. edk2 +
libgfxinit with defaults should boot Windows on your device.

Bug #549: coreboot 24.05: SeaBIOS Windows 10/11 BSOD "ACPI BIOS ERROR"
(Thinkpad W530)
https://ticket.coreboot.org/issues/549#change-1873

* Affected hardware: Lenovo ThinkPad W530
* Affected OS: Windows 10/11
[...]

defconfig (590 Bytes)
w530_bsod.jpg (1.98 MB)

--
You have received this notification because you have either subscribed to it,
or are involved in it.