When I was looking at seq I noticed it did not process escape character in
the separator string. This renders it nearly impossible to separate the
numbers by tabs in Bash because when you hit the tab key it tries to
autofill and doesn't add the tab in directly. A more concrete example of
this is:
$ seq -s"\t" 3
1\t2\t3
$ seq -s" <HITS TAB KEY>
DIRECTORY LISTING

How would you feel about me adding a function that will interpret the escape
characters? If this is a good idea, would you rather the function manipulate
the string inline or place the new string in a new character array and
return a pointer?

Thanks,
William

P.S. Sorry for the poor grammar in the previous git log message, I had been
working on an English paper all day and the text on my monitor was starting
to blend together. :-S