On Sat, Feb 10, 2024 at 8:24 PM Chuck Percy via GNU coreutils General
Discussion <coreutils@gnu.org> wrote:

> Things have gone flawlessly, including the install of Homebrew, until the
> install of coreutils.
>
> From the response I got “command not found” I assume it was not installed?
>
> I suspect there was a path (where the command prompt looks for executables
to run) update that took place at the system level, that has not affected
an already opened terminal window.

Is Coreutils the first package you are installing with Homebrew? The
symptoms seem to indicate this, as any other attempt to use 'brew' should
also have failed.

If you already have tried closing and reopening the terminal window, try
logging out and back in again or just rebooting, so that the system-level
path inclusive of homebrew's "brew' command takes effect in the terminal
session.

Further issues on 'brew' itself should likely be directed to Homebrew's
mailinglist/discussion forum, wherever it may be.

I hope this helps!

Mike
  • Coreutilities Chuck Percy via GNU coreutils General Discussion
    • Re: Coreutilities Mike Hodson