Pádraig Brady <[email protected]> writes:

> On 16/09/2026 20:11, Collin Funk wrote:
>> Pádraig Brady <[email protected]> writes:
>> 
>>> The attached two patches revert the quoting to non terminals,
>>> and then restore the functionality conditional on --quoting-style
>> Seems reasonable to me, though I only skimmed over the patch so far.
>> I'll be able to take look in more detail later.
>> Is a quick 9.13 release needed, or do enough distributions subscribe
>> to
>> the list to pick it up?
> I'm thinking the first patch would be appropriate
> for distros that pick up 9.12.
>
> I don't think it warrants an immediate release at least.

Sam James raised a good point on the Gentoo bugzilla [1]. Since the
patch updated the Texinfo documentation, it adds a build dependency on
Texinfo because the coreutils.info file in the tarball is out of date.
Some distributions, like Gentoo, may want or need to avoid that, which
means extra work for the maintainer, Sam in this case.

Sam said it was no big deal. But I figured it was worth mentioning on
the list, just as something to be mindful of in the future.

Collin

[1] https://bugs.gentoo.org/983118#c3

Reply via email to