Hello,

Last minute reminder!

We're writing with an updated call for proposals for the Law and Corpus
Linguistics Conference to be held on Friday, October 13, 2023, with
pre-conference workshops on Thursday, October 12. The conference will be held
at Brigham Young University's J. Reuben Clark Law School in Provo, Utah.

We're pleased to announce that the keynote address at this year's conference
will be given by D. Gordon Smith, Dean of the J. Reuben Clark Law School at
Brigham Young University. Gordon has made tremendous contributions to the field
of law and corpus linguistics, and we're excited to have him as this year's
keynote speaker.
Proposals are invited for individual papers and panels. We're open to
submissions on a broad range of topics, including but not limited to:

* applications of corpus linguistics to the constitutional, statutory,
contract, patent, trademark, probate, administrative, and criminal law in any
state or nation;
* philosophical, normative, and pragmatic commentary on the use of corpus
linguistics in the law;
* triangulation between corpus linguistics and other empirical methods in legal
interpretation;
* corpus linguistic analysis of the law of countries other than the United
States;
* the relationship between corpus linguistics and pragmatics (e.g. implicature,
presupposition, sociolinguistic context);
* corpus-based analysis of legal discourse or topics;
* best practices in corpus design and corpus linguistic methods in legal
settings.

We have a new proposal deadline of May 31, 2023. Proposals should include an
abstract of no more than 750 words and complete contact information for
presenters. Please send proposals to
byulawcor...@law.byu.edu<mailto:byulawcor...@law.byu.edu>. More information
about the conference can be found at
https://corpusconference.byu.edu/2023-home/<https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fcorpusconference.byu.edu%2F2023-home%2F%3Ffbclid%3DIwAR3fbmoEKC9SOFVfUfdGmNsr4BgFmrvq6MA7CNtB818xgmkCB0WG-yeBN8I&h=AT2622Gp7K-PFN5xOcWQ1S7gftSblwHPMd8-WY3afyOC1wQEFZvpE6dMboS8fUT9hz4khAbrCmJr21z2iDNgft7thpMhLBSuG1yz2Q7aL5nORb-kmM7qSPWXGkWgNYzEIQ&__tn__=-UK-R&c%5b0%5d=AT0_LIWZC_C1ePOqE22pV3I1yP6wA6gGZLfax9tpikocV46MM2EayOzdzchrl8hPwDB4RSO-4qNI9Jty-5H9zfWFjPqv79NhoFB2vB2xISBLOJzE9KtRYmXrPHPO-0EV0vIHLPk1_DSJqEt0yIaRO-i3f1t7WbybDLI8vKY>.

Best,

BYU LCL 2023 Conference Organizing Committee (Thomas Lee, Jesse Egbert, Brett
Hashimoto, James Heilpern and James Phillips)