Saint Francis' and Rosa Luxemburg's: ā€˛Freiheit ist immer die Freiheit
des Andersdenkenden", are the two most beautiful as well as
clarifyingly and definingly so! statements I have ever heard about
freedom.
 Also, it may or not relate to corpora research (I think it does) but
Kant also stated and explained that much of what we think and say is
pure bs, basically that we don't need to make sense, we just say
things as a way to give ourselves a pat in the back, "because" we need
some sort of quick reassurance in an orienting way, even if we know or
could easily find out that we are lying to ourselves and/or other
people.
 Jeremy Bentham, however, had another take on such matters. He thought
that even though we can exploit lies, we cannot disentangle ourselves
from the consequences of our lies.
 The most amazing thing I have learned in 30 years living in "'the'
land of the free and 'the' 'brave' ..." is how effectively they employ
lies not just as tools but industries, not just to lie to themselves,
but to "persuade" even the people they lie to ...
 I would be interested in knowing about any kind of Kant vs Bentham
corpora research.
 lbrtchx