Dear All,

I'm very pleased to announce that we (Hochschule Hannover, Germany) are looking
hire a computational linguist for the VidQA project. VidQA is a joint research
project of
the Institute for Applied Data Science Hannover (DATA|H) of the HsH, the
research center
L3S of the Leibniz University and the Technical Information Library (TIB). The
aim of the
project is the development and evaluation of new methods for the semi-automatic
generation
of comprehension questions and answers for learning videos. We pursue several
research
questions, such as the aspect of multimodality of video-based learning media,
the
generation of distractors ("wrong answers") for multiple-choice questions, and
the automatic evaluation of answers in open-ended question formats.

We are especially looking for candidates that already have some experience with
(neural)
language models and have goor programming skills. Basic knowledge of German  is
an
advantage. The position is especially suited for candidates that want to write
a PhD
thesis related to the project topics.

Application deadline is June 26, 2023. Further details can be found at
https://karriere.hs-hannover.de/bewerbung/beschreibung-900000104-10057.html

Best regards

Christian Wartena