Hi

Hope you are doing well !!

                                    My name is  *Harish Karnala* and I am a
*technical
recruiter* with *United Software group*. I reviewed your information online
and I am impressed with your qualifications. One of my clients in the
*Wilmington,
DE* area currently has *Senior Big Data/Hadoop Consultant* role that they
are looking to fill. Here are the details on the role.

JD:

*Job Title*

Senior Big Data/Hadoop Consultant

*Relevant Experience *

*(in Yrs)*

15 years total, 7+ years in big data

*Technical/Functional Skills*

   - 15+ years of IT services or consulting work experience
   - 5+ years’ experience with *Hadoop, Azure HDInsights, Databricks, Hive,
   and SQL Server technologies.*
   - Provide Client with recommendations and guidance on leveraging their
   existing Hadoop platform
   - Strong Sound abstract, analytical, problem solving and critical
   thinking skills
   - Strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.
   - Analytical and problem solving skills, applied to a *Big Data
   environment*.
   - *Manufacturing Industry* experience is required
   - *SAP working knowledge* is preferred

*Experience Required*

*Qualification:*

   - Have architected and designed 2-3 end-to-end big data, cloud (Azure,
   AWS or other) or BI solutions across multiple technologies and platforms;
   - Hadoop technologies – HDFS, Hive, Pig, Sqoop, MapReduce, Flume, Spark,
   distributed processing concepts, Hbase
   - Solid understanding and experience using at least one of the following
   programming languages — Python, Java.
   - 4+ java development experience for batch, web services/API, or web
   application development
   - 3+ years Teradata (or equivalent) experience and complex SQL
   - At least one to two years of hands-on experience with the Azure
   HDInsight platform

*Roles & Responsibilities*

*Responsibilities:*

   - Lead and advice diverse areas of strategy development and big data
   design strategy roadmap.
   - Design the solution taking advantage of the existing assets
   maintaining a balance between architecture requirements and specific client
   needs.
   - Work with development team to ensure architecture is implemented to
   meet both functional and non-functional requirements
   - Create prototypes, conduct proofs of concepts, evaluate options with
   pros and cons and provide recommendations.
   - Build consensus on solution, and work with other senior architects and
   managers to influence decisions.
   - Ability to understand big data use-cases and recommend standard design
   patterns commonly used in Hadoop-based deployments
   - Ability to understand and translate customer requirements into
   technical requirements
   - Experience designing data queries against data in the HDFS environment
   using tools such as Apache Hive

*Generic Managerial Skills*

Ability to manage 5-6 people team

*Education*