Hi Petr,

Thank you !  That does make it clearer to me !   SEVEN cases in Czech !
Wow !  I still haven't
really mastered the four cases of German but I see exactly what you
mean.  The additional cases make understanding easier, plus the vocal
intonation helps too.

In English we do sometimes shift word order, usuallly for strong
emphasis:

The Tower of Babel he found?!! Wow !  ---- This is not common but is
perfectly good English.

Der Turm von Babel wurde vor drei Jahren gefunden.
Den Turm von Babel hat man vor drei Jahren gefunden.
Dem Turm gefällt es, dass er vor drei Jahren gefunden worden ist :))).

etc.....

There are probably grammatical mistakes in that.... Your English is
surely significantly
better than my German :)

Take care,
Thanks again.

Off-Topic:  A while back you said you had some poetry you wrote in
English... Could you send it to me?  I'd like to read it though I
assure you I am not able to critique poetry in any language...
Though I somehow "feel" Shakespeare is better than Eric Clapton and
Goethe is more pleasant (for me anyway) than Günter Grass..

Bye,
John

Reply via email to