I have a last request for corrections. It is a letter to a prof, he has
already access to my whole profile.

Thank you again for your valuable time.

Dear BIGPROF1,

First of all, thank you for the valuable time you are willing to put in
considering my application.

I was browsing the SOMETOPOLOGYJOURNAL, together with the mathematics
genealogy project, when I came to the somewhat striking discovery that
some of the topologists there at NEARBYCITY2-BIGCITY1 have a point in
common. So this brought me to have a more closer look at your work. I
will admit that I am not at this moment able to judge what are the fine
differences in each one's particular work (that is, among the 3
researchers in the topology research group), but I know that if some
opportunity is present, this is a topic that I would like to
investigate in more depth. Perhaps you, (or some other member of the
group,) have some pending project from which one can derive a PhD
dissertation?

I have some more and more growing interest in these topics, and I am
enthusiast about joining the set theory and topology research
environment there at CITY1-BIGCORP. (From my personal experience, and
in my opinion, the environment plays a very strong role in a student's
success.) Also, I plan to do some more further readings this summer
(with my Mendelson and Munkres textbooks at hand) to be able to
understand a greater part of the articles on your website and to be
able to see in what particular directions are oriented your research.

My complete application package should have arrived in the graduate
office by now, the information in there should put more context to all
what I have said in this e-mail.

Thank you for your consideration.

Sincerely,
Firstname Lastname.

Reply via email to