Hi Mihir,

Thank you. I've got another question someone could answer for me.

I'm translating some subtitles to the Alias series for my friends
(from English into Czech). Yet in a scene in the 15th episode of the
3rd session...

...a terrorist has a downtown office building exploded. The CIA finds
out who's responsible and that the terrorist's a former Royal Navy
explosive disposal technician. They also find out, that he is offering
the bomb to other terrorist organizations, namely the "Covenant", for
whom he has already worked, right?

So, the CIA decides to send someone to Belfast, Northern Ireland, in
order to persuade the terrorist (Mr. Ryan) to deactivate the bomb
(which, based on the quantum entanglement effect, is impossible to
defuse) and give it to them.

They develope two strategies:

1) They tell him they are the CIA and persuade him by force, which
might not work
2) They pose as the Covenant and make him think he sells the bomb to
the right guys.

So, and here's the puzzling scene, the agent opts in the pub and sits
down opposite to the terrorist who asks: "Who are you?" "I'm a U.S.
federal agent and I'm placing you under arrest in cooperation with
local authorities, for illegal explosives transport with intent to
kill" (or something like that). Clear up to now, right? But then the
terrorsit says:

"You've put on weight."

And the agent answers:

"So have you."

Are they really talking about their weight or age??? By the way, the
agent's 35 at most...I'm really confused. How shall I understand that?

Thanks for any help. Hm...maybe there's an error in the transcript...I
have no idea...

Best,

Petusek

two men meet in a pub somewhere in Belfast, Northern Ireland, one
being a CIA agent, the other being a former Royal Navy's explosive
disposal technician, but currently an independent IRA contractor. They
meet for the first time, having never met before. The terrorist placed
a bomb somewhere, targeting the USA, and the CIA agent wants him to
reveal where the bomb is and when it should detonate.

2006/3/10, Mihir <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>
> hi Petr,
> I would love to help you correct whatever you may have, you can contact
> me on [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Cheers
> Mihir
>
>
>
>

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Correct my English" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/correct-my-english
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to