Hi all,

I just joined the group 5 minutes ago. This is an awesome community :)

Here's my very first question to the group. Does anyone know what the
slang "let me pull your coat about a cat" mean? This comes from
Malcolm X's autobiography, where he recalled how he came to realize he
needed to acquire literacy if he wanted to be taken seriously in his
communication with others. He recognized that slang would not get him
far: "How would I sound writing in slang, the way I would say it,
something such as, 'Look, daddy, let me pull your coat aobut a cat,
Elijah Muhammad--'"

My thanks in advance to anyone who can tell me anything about this
slang.

Best,
Mkgnao


--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Correct my English" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/correct-my-english
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to