I think this is a mistake or a typo. Clean as a whistle and Clear as a bell
I'd be happy with, the latter meaning being really clear and easy to
perceive, as Petr says. 

 

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Petr Hrubis
Sent: 28 January 2008 03:07
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: Whistle...

 

 

Hi!

 

No, I think this means that the matter is very easy to perceive,

understand, grasp - just like a whistle.

 

If it were "(as) CLEAN as a whistle", for instance, it would mean

"extremely clean".

 

Hopefully, native speakers could help us here.

 

Best,

 

Petr

 

2008/1/28, [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> 

> clear as whistle??!...well,..the wind does sound like whistle (or

> wheeze)..is this the sentence trying to portray?

> >

> 

 



--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Correct my English" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/correct-my-english
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to