hello,

suppose there are 10 people, and each of them has a pen.

but when we are not allowed to use the word, each.

They have pens.
They have a pen.        <--- I assume this is wrong.
10 people has a pen.   <--- I assume this is wrong????

I guess I am talking to a person who is seeing the 10 people as I
speak, is it ok to say "a pen?"

suppose there are 30 people and 10 of them have one pen each (I am
already getting confused how to describe this), and 20 of them have
three pens each [I hope the situation makes sense.]

All we can do is

10 people have pens.
and
20 people have pens.
?
(again the word each is not allowed.)

---------------

When there are boys and girls. Do you say

Height of the boys and the girls was measured
or
Heights of the boys and the girds were measured
?

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Correct my English" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/correct-my-english
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to