On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 4:13 PM, Sacha Michel Mallais
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I'm trying to set up a cosign Apache module on my Mac OS X Server
> 10.4.8 machine.  I'm using UM's cosign server for authentication,
> with the service set to "smtest".  One thing I'm wondering is if the
> smtest service no longer exists on the UM side, but really, what I'd
> like to know is how to get more information about what is failing.
> The only thing I can see is in the error log: "connect: Operation
> timed out", so if anyone has any ideas as to how to get more logging
> output, that would be really helpful.

Getting more logging output is unlikely to help here, as the connection
timed out.  Your server won't really know the reason why the connection
timed out, and so won't be able to log it.

As a first step, make sure you do not have a firewall or other system
blocking outgoing access from your machine to port 6663 of the cosign
weblogin servers.  Using telnet is a good way to do this; you should see
something like this (replace "weblogin.example.com" below with the fully
qualified domain name of the cosign weblogin server that you are using):

$ telnet weblogin.example.com 6663
Trying 10.0.0.1..
Connected to weblogin.example.com.
Escape character is '^]'.
220 2 Collaborative Web Single Sign-On

If you see the " 220 2 Collaborative Web Single Sign-On" banner, type
"QUIT" and press RETURN -- you're able to open a connection, and the
cause of your problem is a mystery (contact [EMAIL PROTECTED] and send us
your cosign filter configuration together with the CN of the certificate
that you are using with cosign).

If you do not see the "220 2 Collaborative Web Single Sign-On" banner,
then check your networking and firewall configuration.

                Mark Montague
                ITCS Web/Database Production Team
                The University of Michigan
                [EMAIL PROTECTED]