> What rewrite rules have you tried?

In my virtual host config, I have tried (separately)...

RewriteRule .* - [E=AJP_KRB5CCNAME:%{ENV:KRB5CCNAME}]
RewriteRule .* - [E=AJP_KRB5CCNAME:%{LA-U:KRB5CCNAME}]
RewriteRule .* - [E=AJP_KRB5CCNAME:%{LA-F:KRB5CCNAME}]

There was some suggestion that .htaccess would get hit at the end of the
request chain, and that this might work...

RewriteRule .* - [E=AJP_KRB5CCNAME:%{KRB5CCNAME}]

I tried Andrew Cobaugh's suggestion of using a header instead...

                RequestHeader unset X-KRB5CCNAME
                RewriteCond %{IS_SUBREQ} ^false$
                RewriteCond %{LA-U:KRB5CCNAME} (.+)
                RewriteRule . - [E=XFK5:%1] [P]
                RequestHeader set X-Forwarded-KRB5CCNAME %{XFK5}e

I'm not even trying to pass it through mod_proxy_ajp yet.
I've tried printing the environment using both php and shell based CGI.
 The variables / headers I try to set  are present, but without value.

Liam