I was able to resolve my previous issue regarding the message 'No trusted
certificate found' but obtaining a self-signed root certificate from the
customer, now I get further through the handshake procedure but still get an
exception during ClientKeyExchange as follows:

main, WRITE: TLSv1 Handshake, length = 32
main, READ: TLSv1 Alert, length = 2
main, RECV TLSv1 ALERT:  fatal, unknown_ca
main, called closeSocket()
main, handling exception: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: Received fatal
alert: unknown_ca

I gather that this is to do with the server certificate being signed by the
organization who owns the cosign server themselves, as opposed to a trusted 3rd
party signing authority.  Is that correct?  What are the steps for my client to
resolve it?
I'd be very grateful for any advice, as I have spent several days trying to get
this handshake to work.

--
George