Thank you for the information. Can you direct me to any documentation on
how to replace the certificate used by cosignd to match my new common name?
I'm guessing this is located under /etc/cosign/certs as the first couple
lines of cosign.conf are:

set cosigncadir /etc/cosign/certs/ca/
set cosigncert /etc/cosign/certs/cgi.crt
set cosignkey /etc/cosign/certs/cgi.key
set cosigntmpldir /var/www/html/login-templates

cgi login-dev.example.com

Should I be looking here:
http://webapps.itcs.umich.edu/cosign/index.php/Cosign_Wiki:Test_install_HOWTO#Certificates_generation
but
replace "cgi-1" with login-dev.example.com

Thanks again,
Brian