Thanks Andrew,

DebugView doesn't seem to be getting any trace statements when I run as
admin on the webserver. Do I need to turn something on to get these trace
statements to show up in DebugView (I have selected all the capture
options)?

I've attached the successful FF login sanitized headers and the failing IE
login sanitized headers. Fwiw, when I copy the location header and paste it
in my IE address bar the login finishes successfully. There may be a subtle
difference between the headers but nothing obvious stands out to me at an
initial glance.

-Luke
734.604.2271

On Fri, Feb 28, 2014 at 10:11 AM, Andrew Mortensen <and...@weblogin.org>wrote:

> On Feb 27, 2014, at 5:14 PM, Luke Palnau <lpal...@umich.edu> wrote:
>
> > Anyone running IIS Cosign run into issues with Internet Explorer failing
> to get redirected from the .../cosign/valid.. url to the destination url
> and getting logged in, instead it just sits at .../cosign/valid... with an
> empty response. I ask because Chrome/FF seem to not experience the issue
> that I'm seeing with Internet Explorer 10 & 9 and
> https://devweb.dev.umich.edu.
>
> Take a look at the requests and responses involved after installing the
> ieHTTPHeaders explorer bar:
>
>         http://www.blunck.info/iehttpheaders.html
>
> Compare traffic there with traffic captured using FF's Live HTTP headers
> add-on. Does it stop with an error
>
> I do know that IE has traditionally had a lower limit for maximum number
> of redirects than the other major browsers. If I'm remembering right, IE's
> max was 10 redirects, where Firefox, for example, would allow up to 20.
>
> The other thing to do is install DebugView on your IIS server, and see if
> the cosign module's throwing an error internally. If it is, post the
> sanitized debug log to the list.
>
> andrew

POST /cosign-bin/cosign.cgi HTTP/1.1
Host: weblogin.umich.edu