On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 9:13 AM, Elizabeth Marckley
<marckley.elizab...@gmail.com> wrote:
> You sadden me and wound me deeply, I am feeling very misunderstood right now
> and in a severe need of a chocolate ice cream.

> The video was not at all saying for you to "be quiet". I was expressing
> through music that which was what was felt as a pain manifested in your
> words:

I identified intimately with the honesty, vulnerability, sexuality and
exuberance in the love song you sent me but though I was not supposed
to talk about it :-p

> "If you are silent" (the you being us).
>
> So it was that moved by a deep empathy, I felt that this could be echoed
> with a song where the singer speaks of everything being "so quiet and
> silent".

I did feel warm and fuzzy in your loving care.  It suggested to me the
taboo of being too personal, too free, publicly, while not
compromising privately our gusto in feeling and loving and being.  I
usually miss the common sense interpretation of things.  Pure
objectivism lacks enough substance to do any interpretation and there
are just too many social contexts to choose from.  My track record in
selecting what I think might be the common perspective really sucks.

Indeed, your interpretation of my feeling as pain, suggests the danger
of of miscommunication by bearing our humanity.  The last thing I want
is to make myself seem as a victim.  Just because I am pathetic does
not mean I have to be crying in my beer about it or want any ones
sympathy.  Sympathy may be sweet, but it does not improve anything.  I
am too full of myself already and really do not need any help.

> Now I need something to cheer me up:

Awe, now I do feel bad, this might help,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWtwKHeDzC

Yep, it helped, I feel better now :-p

> http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=4R462Ro5fqU

Indeed, the magnificence of the living hills dwarfs our worries, such
that we can only be happy. It is just incredible how much amazing
stuff there is for us to appreciate.

Thanks,

Jim