________________________________
From: tchamber...@gmail.com <tchamber...@gmail.com>
Sent: Saturday, June 16, 2018 7:47:13 AM
To: Len Swindley; Tom Chambers
Cc: CoTyroneList@cotyroneireland.com
informationonChambers family

Len, all

After yesterday’s disappointment with not finding John Chambers (3rd great
grandfather) headstone, today was an exiting turnaround!

First, the sun came out this evening so we could get a good look at the
beautiful rolling countryside as we drove through Ardstraw on our way to dinner
in Castlederg.

But, more important, we stumbled upon some great contacts.  The waitress at the
Castle Hotel said she knew a John Chambers.  A short walk to the butcher and we
got his phone number. Called and got referred to his father John (Jackie)
Chambers.  Got his number. Called and his wife said to call back later.

The waitress referred us to a shop owner who is also the undertaker.  Bob said
his mother Beulah loves genealogy and he would have her get in touch with us
later.

So we went in search of Moyle Cottage where Sir Thomas Maclear (and my 3rd
great Grandmother, Martha) were born.  We went down the driveway which was
close to the area where I thought the Moyle House was. Bingo. We were welcomed
with open arms AND Tea with treats.  Derek then proceeded to give us a 5 hour
tour of all the places we wanted to see.  The Moyle House where they live,
house where Moyle Cottage was, the Milltown mill building ruins, Baronscourt,
John Chambers home and farm, and last but not least, Beulah, his sister!  Yes
more tea and pie.   I am not sure if this John Chambers is related, but I can
now check that out.

When we got back to the hotel, waiting for me at the bar were two copies of the
book Newtownstewart Remembered.  Jim the guy in charge of the Church of Ireland
Cemetery grounds remembered that I was trying to find it.

A wonderful day!

Tom

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 14, 2018, at 11:52 PM, Len Swindley