Thanks for your response and information!
Narrows it down some anyway. I guess i just need to keep searching for records
of my Morrison ancestors there until i get all the way back to the 1600s ...
only about 6 more to go!
Thanks again!

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S7.
-------- Original message --------From: elwyn soutter via CoTyroneList
<cotyronelist@cotyroneireland.com> Date: 7/21/18  6:17 AM  (GMT-06:00) To:
Morrisons of Loughterush townland (kilskeery)

Rick,
There aren’t any specific lists of people
who settled in Ireland as part of the Plantation and other population movements
in the 1600s. All we really know are the names of the big tenants (Undertakers)
and where in Scotland they came from.  But
there are no lists of the tenants that accompanied them.

However there are no Morrisons in the Kilskeery
area in the 1630 Muster Rolls. That tends to suggest that your family may have
arrived in the area post 1630, either direct from Scotland or perhaps having
relocated
from another part of Ulster, making it trickier to identify their origins.

Elwyn

On Mon, Jul 16, 2018 at 7:55 PM, Rick Smoll via CoTyroneList
<cotyronelist@cotyroneireland.com> wrote:

Hello All,

I was able to locate our ancestral farm in Loughterush (and actually visited it
last year), which was in the family up until around 1970 when the last Morrison
on it passed away. I have traced ancestors on the farm back to James Morrison
(for whom I do not have a birth date, but was likely born around 1800). I have
been assuming that our Morrisons originally came from Scotland, but do not know
when.

Can anyone point me to records that might give specific information regarding
individuals who came to this specific townland (as part of the British planter/
colonization that occurred in the 16th-18th centuries)?

Thanks!

Rick Smoll