Thank you all for your continued emails. I find them fascinating and just love
the history. I too am searching for my ancestors in County Tyrone and am
planning planning a trip next year to celebrate my 50th! My first time to
Ireland.
I am looking for the MASON family. Samuel Curtiss Mason born 1808 somewhere in
County Tyrone. He married Mary Ann Tate born 1811 (can't find proof for her
last name just found it on someone else's tree). Can't find anything to show
them leaving Ireland together.  But I feel they would have married first before
emigrating. Their first child James was born in Clarke Township, Durham County,
Canada in 1834. After many children Samuel and Mary then moved to Port Austin
Michigan in 1871. Most of the children went to the USA but my family line moved
from Durham to St Williams in Norfolk County Ontario.
I'm looking for other Mason's in County Tyrone. Or members of the Tate family.
Interestingly I did my DNA and found a high match in Dungannon. Her family
includes McKnights and McIntyres! I started her tree but can't find the
connection.
My sister proposed that the MASON family  was originally from Scotland and
moved to Ireland.... Nothing to prove that... just a thought.
Any help, guidance, information or suggestions re research would be most
appreciated!
Many thanks!!
Lisa Mason-Audette

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Tue, Jul 24, 2018 at 11:48 AM, Rick Smoll via