one from Anghhlan and one from Kilskerry. One a school master and one a
Labourer. They joined the regiment in 1812 and 1816 interestingly their names
were spelled McQuaid and McQuaide I suspect to keep them separate. The Labourer
Mike McQuaid was part of an immigration pattern to Goulbourn  and took a land
grant in Ontario and the other Mike likely returned to Tyrone. If this is of no
relation of yours possibly it might help someone else?

Cheers

Ron McCoy

On 2019-06-03 7:48 a.m., Len Swindley via CoTyroneList wrote:
Hello Dorothy,

Thanks for your message and am saddened that nothing has turned up re. your
McQuaids; some forebears just don’t want to be found. Assuming that the
McQuaids and Crosseys were Catholic, I referred to the online RC registers for
Clonfeacle https://registers.nli.ie/parishes/0199 and found the occasional
McQuaid/ McQuade/McWade entry, but with the greatest difficulty – the quality
of filming is poor, many entries impossible to read and townlands are not
recorded in the baptismal registers. Your forebears may be there, but who would
know. There are several McQuaids and Crosseys recorded in the 1833 Clonfeacle
tithe applotment book; perhaps you connected them to your research or gathered
data relevant to them for future use?

Best wishes,
Len