Yes, using our Every Name Search there are only four entries for a William
McFadden. The first one is the Born/Buried; second is this Military one at
-  https://cotyroneireland.com/muster/100thregiment.html  which I would say
is definitely your guy.and the other two are not him.

Merry Christmas
JIm

Jim McKane
Kitchener, Ontario