> is not like multiple lines of code in a server side .asp php or node
program
> it is more like "ask for this, and depending on the answer,
> ask for this" like a "request tree"

Actually, that _is_ like asp, php or node program :) As for php guys
approach is nearly native, sync program code runs inbetween DB requests.

As for node.js guys it also could be understood in native paradigm: think
couchapp functions are kinda middleware in request processing chain, and
each middleware function can determine next step.

Somehow like express.js maybe, but in express you call next(args) when in
CouchDB you just return {path:"...", body:"args"}. Also in node your
middleware can be async, but in CouchDB it should be sync.

ermouth