Not sure what you meant by partner API.
You can build a REST API with NodeJS, and have the NodeJS Couchbase driver
to talk to your CB database clusters.

Views are not *that* expensive, but you do have to be careful in creating
and using them.  Make sure you understand how and when the views are
indexed.  It all depends on the nature of your application, is it read or
write heavy, or maybe balanced, which documents that you want indexed, etc.