Hello everyone,

I've a use case to store a document (object represented in JSON). Object is
very simple and can be represented as group of key, values. Something like:

{
  k1: v1,
  k2: v2,
}

Now looking at couchbase APIs, all of the store functions needs a key and a
value. Values can be a document, but it needs a key. It looks like
couchbase document store is written on top of a kv store. In my case I
don't have a unique identifier for a document. What I was hoping that I can
send this document to couchbase. And couchbase generates a unique key for
this document. All queries to retrieve documents will be based on keys
inside the document.

I'm not sure if my use-case fits couchbases model. I'm new to NoSQL and
document stores. So I'm not even sure if what I'm describing makes sense.

Thanks for your help.

--
Vikas.