On Fri, Oct 26, 2007 at 06:27:28PM +0200, Olivier Mueller wrote:
> Funny thing on an apple upgraded system this afternoon (mac os 10.4 ->
> 10.5):  mail still seems to work fine but there is just one problem:
> deleting mails doesn't work anymore... On deletion, the mail
> application tells:
>
>   The massage "..." could not be moved to the mailbox "Trash -
>    [EMAIL PROTECTED]".
>
>   The IMAP command "UID COPY" faild for the mailbox "INBOX" with this
>   server error:  Error in IMAP command received by server...
>

> No changes on the mail-server or in the mail.app setup (delete -> should
> move to the trash folder, like it did the last years).

tcpdump -i eth0 -n -s0 -X tcp port 143 (if you are not using SSL)

and/or set

IMAPDEBUGFILE=debug.txt

in imapd config file, and restart imapd. This will log all the commands sent
by the client, and the responses from courier-imap, in a file "debug.txt"
within the Maildir.

Possibly courier-imap is objecting to an IMAP command being sent my the Mac
- the log should allow you to work out which side is at fault.

Regards,

Brian.