On Tue, Nov 27, 2007 at 07:37:37AM -0400, "Guillermo G?mez Savino (Gomix)"
wrote:
> Thing is that a customer asked for web-cyradm as a web tool to manage a
> postfix-courier-mysql mail server, is this a wise selection ?

No idea - I'd never heard of web-cyradm until now. However it does appear
that it was designed for the Cyrus mail server rather than Courier: see
http://www.web-cyradm.org/technologies.html

Note that Cyrus is a very different beast to courier-imap. It has its own
internal database of mailboxes, for instance, whereas courier-authlib lets
you talk to a separate mysql/postgres/ldap/userdb database. Cyrus also has
its own proprietary mailbox format on disk, whereas courier-imap uses
Maildir++ (and is NFS-safe). This means that storage of quota information
will be completely different.

How important this is depends on whether web-cyradm uses IMAP commands to
set and monitor quotas and ACLs, or whether it uses Cyrus administrative
interfaces directly.

> (ive been trying to glue them but im still kind of lost)

If the customer requires that you use web-cyradm, then I think they pretty
much require you to use Cyrus too.

Regards,

Brian.